Friday, May 17, 2013

My "lot"



The topic at hand is discussing something difficult about my "lot in life" and how I overcome it. The truth is, I could never pack all that into one blog post. It would need an entire series dedicated to it. Because the truth is my "lot" will never go away. I am, and will always be, a mother. And not just any mother. 

A single mother.

My lot in life is accepting that my marriage did not go the way I intended the day I dawned my white wedding dress nine years ago. 

My lot is learning to love, nurture and care for three young children on my own. 

My lot is being the only disciplinarian.

My lot is making sure there is food on the table and warm bath water running.

My lot is putting children, life and all my daily tasks above writing, creativity and my dreams.

My lot is stifling the jealousy I feel when those I know celebrate anniversaries with spouses and boast about how happy they are. They have every right to boast about that, do they not? I have no right to be envious, for LOVE does not envy (1 Corinthians 13:4).

My "lot" is hardly anything to complain about. I have my children. I have a home. I am loved. I want for nothing. And it is only through God's grace that this is. That is how I overcome it: 

By the grace of God!

Love dearly,
Steph

Facebook        Twitter        Pinterest         Instagram        Email

 photo LINKUPBUTTON.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment