Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chicken Stew Recipe


Sometimes the best meals are the ones you make up with whatever you find in your pantry, and take little to no effort. Yes, those are my favorite recipes, the ones that pretty much cook themselves. This stew became quite a hit in my house on Saturday night. My kids gobbled it up. Since clearly this meal is kid friendly, I asked my daughter, Lana, what we ought to call it for the blog post.

Her reply was, "'Everything Good For You Stew,' because it has everything good for you: beans, vegetables, meats, and lots of sour cream. I love sour cream!"

So there you have it, condensed, it became Chicken EGFU Stew. I figured EGFU sounded better than EGFY.

Chicken EGFU Stew
Ingredients:
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 lb Ground chicken
2 stalks celery, chopped
14.5oz Chicken broth
14.5 oz can Organic diced tomatoes
15.5 oz can Northern beans
15.25 oz can White corn, drained
15.25 oz can Black beans
2 cloves Garlic, minced
Minced Onion
Cumin
Coriander
Basil
2 Bay leaves
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Warm oil in stockpot over medium heat. Add chicken and celery; cook through. Add remaining ingredients; simmer 20 minutes.
*Serve with a dollop of sour cream and cheese bread.

Variations might include:
Substitute ground chicken for Italian sausage or chorizo
Use red kidney beans

Let me know your variations.

Love dearly,
Steph
Facebook        Twitter        Pinterest         Instagram        Email
Sharing with:

No comments:

Post a Comment