Wednesday, May 1, 2013

beautiful things.





Well, aren't you a delight to have!

I suppose it's fair to start with a little about myself. I've lived in the city for most of my life, but now here I am, living in the mountains. It's breathtaking! See that tree blooming down the road from me? It stopped me in my tracks while on my way to the supermarket, it was so bright and cheery and colorful. It was bursting with new life.

That's what this blog is, in case you wondered. A new life, a Newly Mynted me; and me remembering the days. I know they are numbered -- we are not promised tomorrow -- and I want to remember them all, even the terrible ones.

After what was the most trying time of my life, God called me to the south, to a small mountain town called Boone. Now, I'm not so presumptuous to call myself a "southerner" just because I live in North Carolina. I believe that to be a title you earn. I also have city-girl withdrawals,  like hyperventilating when I found out there's no Target, or that I have to go to Tennessee to get makeup because that's where the closest Ulta or Sephora is; and I also get dirty looks when I dare mention Starbucks. I'm always referred to a great little coffee shop here or there. Oh well. One must digress, I suppose.

I've been here just over a month and have been loving every second of it. I can't believe I get to spend my days in such an amazing place, a place that makes my heart burst with joy at times.

Through all the terrible trials, I have learned to find joy in the smallest things. Beauty is everywhere, believe it or not, if your heart is full of joy. This is one thing I hope to instill in those that pass by my place here in Blogland: to know that no matter how far down you feel, you are A) not alone and B) beautiful. It took me some time to realize that about myself, but before I knew it I was reeling with God given joy.

And I wasn't exaggerating when I said this is a new life for me. I've got my very own (first) apartment. It needs lots of styling and decorating. My shopping has come to a screeching halt with my new budget, so re-styling  my wardrobe will be adventurous too. I'm determined to learn to cook for real, and to really take charge of my health. Healthy bodies are happy bodies.

Are you game with me? I would love it if you shared your recipes, exercise regimes, decor DIY's -- whatever you've got. Or just say hello!

Love dearly,
Steph

Facebook        Twitter        Pinterest         Instagram        Email

No comments:

Post a Comment