Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Snookums

First, allow me to apologize for my lack of posts this past week. Life has been busy busy here. Every so often the management at our apartments does inspections, to ensure the residents are keeping the units livable. There are many elderly and disabled people who live here, so I have been helping my neighbors clean and ready their homes. I'm fortunate I got this apartment, given my circumstances, and if helping those around me with little everyday things is how I can show my gratitude, I'm happy to do it.

With that said, inspection is tomorrow and I finally get to do my home today! Yay!!! Or not. Cleaning is not fun for me. I take back my "yay" and offer you an "eh" with a shrug. Much more suitable!

Something I have been wanting to do for a while, introduce you all to my honey. Meet Logan, or as I like to call him, Snookums.
Logan at Boone Gardens

This man is one of the sweetest, kindest, most patient people I've ever known. I met him during the darkest time of my life. I was not a kind person then and he picked up on that. But for whatever reason, he was fascinated by me anyway.

He was patient, waiting for me to come around and be whatever it was he saw. In the meantime, he was a friend when I needed one. This man let me cry on his shoulder, vent when I needed to air my thoughts, and scream if I needed to. He would sit there and let me scream at the top of my lungs.

He was so kind to me, even when I didn't deserve it.

On the days I didn't feel the need to weep or scream because of the circumstances life dealt me, him and I would laugh. I'm talking belly aching laughs, usually at the others expense! It amazed me how easy it was to be around him, how well we got along. It required little to no effort. Even from the beginning, there were no moments of awkward silence, wondering if I should ask something about him or tell some random story to fill the air. It was nice to be quie. And when the moment struck, it was nice to learn something new about him. But I didn't need to know everything within the first week, you know what I mean?

He loves that I call him Snookums. Perhaps you're wondering how he wound up with such a silly name. We had this long running joke about pet names, and we would come up with the silliest pet names we could think of. We never said "Hello" or "Hey, Logan/Stephanie" when answering the phone. We had to answer with another name. One day I came up with Snookums and it took the cake!

So now he is my Snookums and I love to squish him!

Snookums and I on Pensacola Beach

Well, I must get on the ball today. I have some business to take care of this morning and cleaning to do. I have flower petals that have been sitting here, meaning to be sewn, so hopefully I will have a burlap tutorial for you soon.

So much love from me to you!
Steph
Facebook        Twitter        Pinterest         Instagram        Email

No comments:

Post a Comment