Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Style Guide: Valentine's Night Out

Blouse: Thrifted || Sequin skirt: TJ Maxx || Shoes: Hautelook || Bow: Whippy Cake || Gold Clutch: Thrifted || Chain Link Bracelet: GroopDealz
Images courtesy of Heather Thacker Photography
Valentine's Day is in just four days and many ladies are browsing around to get that perfect look. It's not everyday us mom's get a legitimate excuse to go all out with our wardrobe's. But if you're anything like me, you'll find any excuse to wear gold sequins! This mom is also not made of money, unfortunately, so I've got your tips on finding that perfect Valentine's date night outfit on a budget.
Tip #1: Be Thrift Happy
I picked up this designer blouse at Goodwill for a happy $3.75. It still had the tags and additional button attached! The vintage gold clutch was also picked up from Goodwill for $1. I almost always buy my clothes from thrift shops. I can get quality brands like, J.Crew, Ann Taylor, and New York & Company for a fraction of the retail price. I never pay retail price for anything.
Tip #2: Repurpose Accessories
This bow bracelet isn't a bracelet at all. In fact it is a hair accessory from one of my favorite designers, Whippy Cake. It is the most expensive item I am wearing, costing $20. Yes, I will spend that much on just one hair accessory, because the quality is that good. So be selective; inexpensive doesn't always mean quality. And in this instance, I got more bang for my buck, because when I don't want anything in my hair, I can strap it to my wrist!
Tip #3: Hook Up with Discount Retailers
For my meager budget, I feed my fetish's through discount retailers and boutiques, like TJ Maxx,  Hautelook, GroopDealz, and Ace & Ivy. I flipped to find that gold sequin skirt at TJ Maxx for only $14.99. My fuschia stiletto's were a steal on Hautelook for $14 and the chain link bracelet was a freebie on GroopDealz (just pay shipping). Be sure to subscribe to your favorites so you get their latest updates straight to your inbox, then you're always ready for a fabulous steal. 
Image Map
All images are © Heather Thacker Photography and may not be distributed without consent and/or proper sourcing.

What are your favorite ways to style on a dime?

Happy shopping!
Steph
Sharing with the lovely:

No comments:

Post a Comment