Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cooking tip: DIY disposable grease traps


When it comes to being a mom blogger who cooks, I'm the first to admit I'm no Pioneer Woman. I can make a mean batch of mustard greens, but I'm still an easy-recipe, no mess no fuss kind of cook. I do, however, have a few tricks up my ... apron sleeve? No, I don't own an apron. Oven mit! Yes. I have a few tricks up my oven mitts. One of them is disposable grease traps. I've tried many techniques for draining grease from beef and other meats, but this method is hands down the most practical and clean. Logan caught onto me doing this and now does it himself. 

When you drain your meat, line a cereal bowl with aluminum foil. Drain into the bowl. Let it set on the counter or in the fridge until it solidifies, then wrap it up and toss it out. Easy as that! 

This is something I've been doing for years now and it's full proof. My sink doesn't get greasy and I don't risk clogging my drains.

Happy cooking!
Steph
Facebook        Twitter        Pinterest         Instagram        Email

No comments:

Post a Comment